Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Magic Ingredients to a Perfect Life on an Island

I have a log book that has logged every day of my travels.  It includes stickers of the places I have been, quotes from people and letters from people I have met along the way.  I recently made a really great friend on the Island who unfortunately was done with her contract and left . It was sad saying goodbye though unfortunately with travelling it happens often, you meet great people but you blink and they are gone, it sux but thats apart of travelling.  The night before she left she wrote me a beautiful letter in my book that almost brought me to tears and wanted  to post it. 
The Magic Ingredient to a Perfect Life on an Island:
The people I have met!
I live in a little box where they succeeded in  making fit a tiny little bed, a shelf, and a broken fridge.  But the rest of the time I stay with my dongas family spending the time messing around drinking a few beers on the floor of the “living room” or watching a movie: 7 people in 1 bed!  And then we get ready for the Disco!  Every Wednesday and Friday, and the main question the morning is “who is getting NBO?” or “How and when the held did I get home?”
We pet Elvis and Pete the cockatoos, go to discover the island and try to swim back the current without drowning, count how many points we made last night, try to wake up and go to work on time but it never happens, hunt turkeys with craig and fishing line, nominate the queen/mother/god…of the dongas, count how many flies we’ve killed in a day, look at the NBO’s party pictures, kill our hangover by the pool talking about the gossips, debat on who are the new hotties and GO’s assholes, take pictures when we party so we can actually remember what happened,  have to open 4 different rooms to find our belongings…and so on!
And now it is time to go.  Not because I want to but because I have to.  I’ve been dreaming for this moment for so long, but now that it’s here, I just don’t wanna leave.  I feel exactly the same as when I left home 11 months ago to do my world tour, this weird feeling in my stomach because I’m leaving my family/friends/routine, and now the real world is calling me…but I don’t wanna go.  Now I’ll have to go to a supermarket and cook my own food, meet strangers in the street, have to take the bus to go to the beach, lock my door, have to pick up the phone when it rings (I don’t even remember my phone number), be a backpacker again and pack everyday (which I hate!)
So, yeah! This is it, 5 months on Lindeman.  Awesome time with awesome people.  I really hope that you will experience it as longs as you can cause you deserve it little crazy mother donga’s ! J
Make sure we meet up again, why not south America when this beautiful Argentinien will have stolen my heart haha! Or in Europe and get crazy and catch up this time that we didn’t spend together and I wilsh we had but I left too early or you came too late…
Take care of the Donga’s as you are the new feminine representant and only girls rule J
I miss you and all of you already.  Keep smiling and getting shit faced but not NBO!
Xxx Justine Mother/Queen/Donga’s!
I don’t think it could’ve been said any better then that.  Those really are all the ingredients though you have been the only ingredient missing these days.   You have been missed and I always say that the party is missing something…you.   I hope all is well and that we get to meet up somewhere in this crazy world again.  Take care and I miss you!
Your Replacement Mother Donga xox

No comments:

Post a Comment