Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Shitty Night!

WEDNESDAY. "Babe why are our clothes wet?"  "I don't know.  Everyone was drinking last night, maybe something got spilled.   Do they smell?"   Dan smells them.  "No."  I smell our pile of wet clothes "hmmm.  Maybe it's just water, it doesn't smell like Goon or anything I will put them in the laundry bag and get them dry later."   Dan open's the door to our hostel room and steps outside "WTF?!?"  "What's wrong babe?"  "My clothes are folded up on the chair our here." "So"  I say coming outside, then I see what's so wierd.  The clothes that were folded up neatly were clothes that he hadn't worn in months and when I say months I mean months...clothes he has not worn since we have been together and that is 4 months.

THURSDAY  "Babe I am just gonna go wash the we clothes because my work uniform is in there do you need me to wash anything?"  I say pulling the clothes out of the laundry bag and then immediately dropped them back in the back "FUCK! Babe, they are covered in piss!!!"  "What!" Dan comes over and smells.   "You have to be fucking kidding me."   "Eww there are ants all in the bag!  All over my underwear. It smells like a dog kennel.``  ``Who the fuck would piss on our stuff.``  ``Babe I don`t know but it is just pee.  Worse things have happened in hostels.   It was just our clothes and nothing else.  I will get them clean and then we will go down to the front desk and tell Rihanna.  
I get our load of urine covered clothes in the wash and we head down to front desk.  ``Really.  Wow.  Ok,  well here you go.  Enough laundry detergent to last you 2 washes.``  ``Gee.  Thanks, that helps heaps.``

FRIDAY-SATURDAY  Nothing much happened the next few days.  Dan and I were reallly keen on finding an apartment and getting out of the hostel.   We liked the hostel, we loved the people but everyone was leaving by the next week and we really wanted to be able to have our own space and not worry when we rock up home at 7am from work.  Plus, we were tired of the bullshit ass holes that worked at the hostel.   They had no respect for anyone staying there.  I even got mad at front desk just walking into our room ``Could you knock.`` ``Excuse me``  ``Well, you always just walk in our room, it`s rude.   You`ve walked in when I am changing and what if Dan and I are having sex!!!   Knock when you go in, have some respect, you don`t just walk into someone`s room.``  The owner, his GF and head front desk girl were rude as and didn`t care about the people that were staying at the hostel.  
Saturday night we got home from work at about 6am.   We couldn`t sleep, and our roommate was passed out drunk and snoring soo fucking loud.   Dan and I being little shits decided to paint his face.   I put on eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, rouge and I even painted his nails.   He didn`t move.   After a few laughs and some pictures we finally fell asleep!  Only to be woken up, once again by the owners bitch ass girl friend at 10am.

SUNDAY ``Emmie, Dan! Do you two want to switch rooms``  WTF,  we just fell asleep and they are waking us up again  ``What``  ``Do you guys want to switch room!``   ``No we are checking out tomorrow we are fine.``   ``Alright.   Joe!  Joe!  You need to wake up!  Joe!``   Dan and I are getting pissed off at this point we had only been asleep two hours and this isn`t the first time they had come in our room and yelled.  ``Joe!   You need to wake up and clean!`` "Oh ya, because I love cleaning so much"  "Well unless Emmie and Dan shit on the floor then you need to get up and clean it."   ???  I was confused.  If someone had shit on the bathroom floor how in the hell would they know it's Joe and not only that Dan and I both knew Joe would never do that.   "Oh fuck!!!  What the fuck!!!"  Dan and I both sat up!   There on the floor by Joe's bed was a pile of human shit!  It was so fucking gross and the smell....honestly I don't even like to talk about it.  Writing this is making me ill.   They made the young girl at the front desk clean it!   The cleaner had packed up her stuff in the morning and left because they wanted her to do it!   Honestly I was mortified.   "Joe you need to clean it"  they kept saying as he was puking outside  "are you kidding me?"  I said to front desk  "well yes he did it"  "alright you are blatantly blaming our roommate for doing it when you have absolutely no idea who did it.   We have been living with Joe in this room for a month and a half and he would never do that.  How can you just stand there and blame him."  "Well at least now we have it settled that he didn't do it.  So who did?"   They were more concerned about blaming someone then actually making sure we were ok.   I was horrified.   Not only was it absolutley disgusting but to think that someone actually came in our room and did that while we were sleeping!!!   "Thats' it"  said Dan "we are out of here"  With two hours sleep we got up and found an apartment and went to look at it.  "we will take it!"  "when doyou want to move in?"  "tonight"
I had to work till 10 that night so Dan packed his stuff up and went to get the key deposit back from the front desk.   "Ummm ya if you just want to come back in the morning before 10am with your keys and then we can give you back your deposit."  "You must be fucking kidding me!   Our stuff has been pissed on, someone shit in our room and you did nothing for us but give us laundry detergent.  Most places would be bending over backwards to make us feel better.  You have done fuck all and now you dont want to give us back our key deposit a day early?  We are moving across town, we work nights there is no way in hell I am getting up early to give you back your key.  We are paid up until tomorrow and you are not even going to refund us so you are going to give me back my fucking deposit now and we will drop the keys in the box on our way out!  Do you understand me?!?"  "Alright now calm down"  "Don't you dare tell me to calm down.   why do you care so much the guy just gives you a pay cheque he is an ass hole and sexual predator.  Give me my deposit so we can pack up and leave"

Alright just a bit of a note but the owner of the place  is (so we have been told my many people) a sex offender.   He was never convicted because he paid the girl off.   At first I thought this was a rumour but all our managers at work were telling us to be careful staying there because of him.   How he still owns and runs a hostel I do not know.   A girl we met staying there said that months ago her friends were staying and working there and the owner asked them to wash his car which they did and then he turned around and said next time do it in a bikini.   I already wrote in a previous blog what he was like when I was thinking of taking a job there.   I wonder if his girlfriend is really his girlfriend or if it's just a cover.   I'm trying to find some links or some info on it so I can post it.   This hostel should be taken off  Hostel World and Lonely Planet should put a warning on it really is not safe for young girls.  Please anyone traveling and planning to stay in Darwin  do not stay here especially if you are a solo female


Anyways we moved into the apartment that night and sat on our huge balcony looking out onto the water and enjoyed a couple of beers.   Things are really good.  We work heaps and really don't get to spend much time together.   Life is not overly exciting right now.    We are just trying to save as much as possible as we are leaving Oz in April, so we are working as many hours as we can get right now.   I think the best thing that happened this week was this Canadian couple tipped me a Toonie!  Honestly I have never been so excited to see one....I have not seen my own currency in a year.  I gave them the biggest hug and had the biggest smile on my face for the rest of my shift.   Well I am off as I have to leave for work soon.   Take care x

No comments:

Post a Comment